I got nothin'

No, really I got nuthin'. Nuthinbutalottatalkanabadge. Quick, what movie?!?

I usually want my posts to be amusing, revelatory or incredibly insightful. Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, it's been 11 days since my last post. And the date of my last post keeps staring at me, taunting me that I GOT NUTHIN'.

So, here's to hoping that the bloggy writer's block goes away. And here, in my favorite literary form, the list, is what's going on with us.

1. John drove a huge truck back from Texas. The truck was filled with all manner of furniture acquired from John's parents' Texas house. All kinds of beautiful and amazing furniture. And large furniture. Large, Texas-size furniture. Hard to fit in New England home. Our house is in a shambles. As my son said, "It looks like we're moving. But we're not moving." Exactly. Furniture everywhere, stuff everywhere. Crazy, man. Serenity now!

2. As a result of all this "moving", we'll be selling off some stuff. I'm planning a yard sale in the next week and a half. We're getting rid of some furniture and some baby stuff. Part of me is VERY happy to de-clutter and part of me is like this (on the inside): "NO!! Don't take my baby stuff! I don't want to say that I'm done having sweet, snuggly little babies! You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!!!" Scary, I know.

3. Halloween is coming! This year we will have a fairy, two secret agents and an army guy. We've also invited our neighbors to come around for an open house on Halloween night. Good reason to get this furniture in some kind of configuration that makes sense.

4. I'm sick. I've had this stinkin' cold for A WEEK now, which is so long for me to be sick. I've been a pretty functional sickie this week, but today I'm still in my bathrobe and it's 1:30 in the afternoon. I feel such a compulsion to be PRODUCTIVE that I just have a hard time letting myself get better. Something I've been thinking about lately.

If any of you have interior decorating skills, please come over and lend your expertise to our crazy abode. It's *just* about to drive me nuts. Breathe in...breathe out. It's going to be okay.

Over and out, dudes.

Comments

  1. i love this post. bloggy writers block. haha

    okay, so i have to say meghann is awesome are interior design! awesome. seriously - you should have her over asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for yard sales- hope you make lots of cash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the update from the caboodle......miss you HEAPS!!! workin' out a pirate, clown & Dorothy costume today! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts