Back to school

EDIT UPDATE:  I have been having problems with my photos loading in Blogger.  I've tried several work-arounds (for me) to no avail.  There were more pictures in this post, but they all suddenly turned black.  Tried to load again, but nada.  I'm workin' on it...slowly.

Walter starts high school today! Hard to believe that I now have a child in high school, but I suppose it was inevitable.  Last night we had a celebratory dinner for back-to-school, which was significant in many ways:
1.  It was the first REAL dinner that we've cooked in our home.  The first time a child came in the kitchen and said, "It smells so good in here!"  First time for table cloth, real napkins, candles, serving pieces and all of us sitting down in an orderly manner.  It felt really good.
2. Lots of major (to me) transitions are happening around here.  Walt is going to high school, Clayton is going to middle school, Theo is about to turn double digits, and Lucy is going to first grade.  Oh, and we live in a new town where everything is completely new.  And we're starting a new church.  Yeah, that.
3. I am just beginning to feel like our house could be our home.  I have taken the advice of several friends on Facebook, and decided to really MOVE IN to this place, even though we may only be here for a year (in this house, I mean).  It is just not in me to do this half-way and feel like we are really living.  So, the pictures will be hung, and many books will be un-boxed.  And if we have to move in a year's time, so be it.  Until then, I want us to enjoy this space and make it ours.
4. I took some pictures last night, which I haven't done since we moved here.  I am just now learning the light and shadows of our new space, and it is very different from our old house.  It will take some trial and error to make images that I really love.  In any case, my taking pictures was a sign to me that I am on the road to getting my groove back, in life and also in blogging.  Yay!
Here are some photos so you can see what's going on here.  Hope your Monday is a good one, friends!



Here are some photos so you can see what's going on here.  Hope your Monday is a good one, friends!









Comments

  1. So proud of you! Wherever you are, BE ALL THERE. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, Alisa! Hope your year is off to a great start!

      Delete
  2. Love these! I'm insanely jealous of those moraccasins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Jenny! I wished that the store had pink for grown-ups. No luck.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful pictures. I'm sure this will be a great year and settling in really is a matter of making the decision. When we moved to Gunnison for a year we did the same and it was one of the best years of our lives as a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me to bring my moraccasins from Taos, then Lucy, you and I will have to grab a bite to eat and wear our moraccasins.

      Delete
    2. Judy, now I have to get some moraccasins so we can match...

      Delete
  4. I firmly believe in making every house feel like a home. Glad you are doing that!
    I hope Walter has a great experience at OLH. Eddie came home bubbling today--yes in high school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! Walter did have a good first day! Looking forward to the year.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the update Kit. I've been praying for you. It's good to see that y'all are starting to settle in. It will get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you are right, it will get better and better. Thanks SO much for prayers. I feel so buoyed up knowing that dear friends are praying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts