Saturday cheer

Here are a few things that cheer my heart these days.  Some are big, some are small.  
Here is Lucy using glitter spray to paint a green pumpkin and a planting pot.  I mean, how can you not love glitter spray on a pumpkin?!  In February?!  Does it get any more random?
Here is a terrible photo taken with my phone of a very hilarious thing.  Never for tears.
No further explanation needed.
You might notice two extra boys in this photo.  We have known them since they were 2 years old and 6 months old.  They came to visit and we LOVED EVERY MINUTE of it.  And several of us wept tears of grief when they had to leave.  They are my other two sons. (And not to be forgotten, their sister is also dearly loved, but not ready to go on the plane by herself!)
My mom and dad's big dog.  She is getting quite old but is so lovely and sweet.  We loved seeing her in Tucson.  She's so big that sometimes in the kitchen she has to back herself out instead of turning around.
Okay, I really don't want to turn into the person who posts cat pictures.  However, our kitty is so cute and funny and he really brings us joy. I am grateful that he came to our house.  When Lucy is crying and sad, he cheers her up.  And, if you are my friend on Facebook, you might know that he was recently baptized by Theo.  So, there's that.
Our dear friend, Liz, came to visit from Houston.  Having her in our house was like having a bit of home.  We've been in church together in Cambridge for 7 years and it was so refreshing to spend time with her.  We can't wait for her next visit!
Our church admitted 16 new members.  And we haven't even launched public worship!  As you may notice, our group skews to the WISDOM end of the spectrum, if you know what I mean.  Come on, you young, foolish whippersnappers!  We need you, too!
These bowls nesting in a deep drawer always make me smile.  I especially like the primary colors.  I love opening that drawer.
Oh yeah, baby!  I found this chair at an estate sale and I LOVE it!  I saw it the first day of the sale, but it was much more than I wanted to spend.  I waited til the second day, when everything was 50% off, and it was still there!  Isn't it gorge?!  It's in great condition, too.
So, there you have it.  What's cheering your heart this fine Saturday?

Comments

  1. so many delightful little things! Macho tissues, for the win!!

    Blog posts by Kit sure cheer me. :) And celebrating a special 1 year old's birthday with family today, and really experiencing God answering prayers, and coffee. Just to name a few. Once I get on a roll, I realize there are so many more things than I think could be at first. Great post topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that chair! we've all got the winter doldrums here, so just remember that it is still cold and grey and will be that way for a while yet. Enjoy the sun! love..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts