Church Drawing

This last Sunday (Mother's Day) Lucy and I stayed home from church as she was feeling a bit under the weather. John came home with these drawings done by the boys during church and Sunday School. I thought you might like to see them.

First up, we have a battle scene drawn by Clayton DURING the service. Maybe during Pastor Rick's sermon on unity and peace among believers...


A few things to notice:
1. Super Man has been transformed into Super Mom. Very nice.
2. The underground battle happening, with one guy UPSIDE down, shooting someone.
3. Hitler made an appearance in the lower right corner. Nice hat.
4. Al Capone also got in on the action here and he appears to be wearing a baseball cap. Not very good protection, Al.
5. The guy up on the cliff in the upper right corner appears to be doing the crane move from "The Karate Kid". Way to vary your methods of attack, men!
6. All of this is taking place during World War II.

Next up we have Theo's coloring page from Sunday School. I'm pretty sure that this is intended to be John the Baptist, crying the in the wilderness, "Prepare ye the way of the Lord."

Theo has made some of his own additions to the scene.


In Theo's world, John the Baptist is now crying, "My bahucky![pronounced buh-hooky] YOW!"

If you look closely, you will see a small person in the background, poking poor John, indeed, in the bahookey (bum?) with a VERY long implement. Clayton said it was a taser, but when I asked Theo, he said it was "that thing that the devil carries."

Ah. A pitchfork. Right in the bahookey.

Comments

  1. Love it! Takes my back to my kid-in-church days...though I passed notes in lieu of drawing battle scenes. :)

    I can't wait to have a grown up boy in our house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts