Sunshine

The past four days have been rainy, rainy, rainy, rainy. Some places nearby had over 10 inches of rain just over the weekend! It's been blustery (to say the least), cold, wet, and miserable.
Then this morning, miraculously, the sun is shining.
Just like that, suddenly, no fanfare, no warning...the sun has appeared and is shining in my kitchen windows!
What a gift.
I'm thinking about this:
All during that late-winter storm that wrought flooding and destruction and a state of emergency in our Bay State, the sun was shining on the other side of the clouds.
Above the storm, the sun had not disappeared. It still gave light and (some) warmth to us here below, though not as brilliantly as we always wish.
I am so quick to shrink the size of my life down to the size of my life. I am so quick to believe that the rainy, blustery days must be the new normal.
And yet, all along, the sun is shining above the clouds. It never fails, though we may begin to forget its warmth, its glow, its luster.
I want to remember that the sun is always there, just behind the clouds.

Comments

  1. Wow, what a good thought. The sun is always shining, just behind the clouds. Thanks, Kit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts