The sun stops shining




One of my favorite books is The Jesus Storybook Bible. As the tag line says, "every story whispers His name".

Not only have I given this book as a gift for children and babies, I've also given it to adult friends. One friend to whom we gave it confessed that she would read it on the T (subway) in the morning with tears streaming down her face as the depth of the Father's love for her came to life.

The story for Good Friday is called "The sun stops shining". Here are a few of the images from the story to help us as we contemplate the days leading up to history's most important event.


Waiting with you for Easter...

Comments

  1. We read this story together as a family this morning. After I read the part about God turning away from his boy, Jesse turned to me and asked, "Mommy, why would God turn away from his boy?" The fear on his face said it all- in his six year old mind, the thought of his father turning away from him was unbearable. I held back tears of my own as I answered, "I don't know. But it is pretty amazing isn't it?" It was a great moment to ponder the wonder and depth of God's love for us. I will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read it here this morning too. Through tears.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts