Little sister: Updated

A few new Lucy encounters for your reading pleasure and amusement:

Lucy is looking at herself in the side view mirror of the car, while we wait for someone.
"My face," she says, concerned.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"It's so little...will you pray for me?"
Oh, darling girl, that's one thing I love so about you, your tiny face!

Theo says something offensive to Lucy (I'm sure it was truly offensive; she was not overreacting) and she exclaims, with tears in her voice, "Well, I guess you just don't want a little sister like me!" She sobs and stomps off. It was so sad.

Clayton, Lucy and I are eating dinner. Clayton gets up to wash his hands and while he's standing at the sink, Lucy turns to me and says, in a baby voice, "Oh, he's so cute! He's just [in an even higher voice] washing his little hands!" Clayton returns to the table and she turns to me again, as if Clayton isn't in the room and says, "Oh, he's just such a cute brother!"

Last night she slept on the floor of their room because she wanted to be with them. Such a lucky, lucky girl!

Comments

  1. Lucy posts are my FAVORITE! She melts my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Lucy stories, keep 'em comin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts