Gift List: July 26 edition

The unthankful heart...discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! -Henry Ward Beecher


The gratitude list continues as I find more and more reasons to give thanks to the Father, giver of EVERY good gift!

0764 light falling across the bed and the little girl
0765 new cheap throw rugs from Ikea
0766 a fresh paint touch-up; makes it feel so much cleaner!
0767 nighttime talks with Walter
0768 sleeping with windows open and fans on
0769 when you wake up and can tell the humidity has finally broken!
0770 tourists in Boston! It's crawling with them!
0771 taking the T
0772 Theo being able to walk to his friend's house by himself
0773 discovering new parks with water!
0774 discovering new beaches with friends
0775 being with the babies in the nursery!
0776 laughing with the other nursery mom when nine babies are all crying - help!
0777 hearing a compliment about a [sometimes difficult] child
0778 green leaves sparkling
0779 the Frog Pond on Boston Common
0780 taking a walk with my love in a new (to us) part of the city
0781 running into friends on the Common
0782 strong legs, strong body
0783 the height of summer
0784 fresh farm produce - SO much better than the grocery store!
0785 spending most of a week doing life with my friend
0786 praying with other pastors' wives
0787 Mama, Papa, brudders and me! (Lucy)
0788 boys reading books
0789 boys not fighting
0790 all laying on the floor (where it's cooler) and reading aloud
0791 Psalm 20 v. 7 Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord of God.


holy experience

Comments

  1. beautiful photos ... and the whirr of a box fan speaks summertime to me. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are so beautiful. And I love the quote. As I listened to my son griping this morning about something that happened two days ago, I realized: I have to talk about thankfulness, not just at bedtime, not just in blog posts, but all the time, if I want him to grow up with a joyful, thankful heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts