Christmas with the Caboodle

Seeing as it is just now the 9th day of Christmas, I thought I would recap the festivities around these parts.
Christmas Eve was a busy day this year, as I spent the morning at church for music rehearsal.  Then back home for hours of frantic baking and making.  John made a batch of his famous eggnog. Yes, it does use that many eggs.  We packaged it up to bring to church for John's colleagues.  This stuff is killer; our friends clamor for it every year!




In the afternoon, we stole a few precious hours with our dearest friends.  They are like second parents to our children; I don't know what I would do without these dear ones in our lives!
That's a mean-looking Santa down there on the end.  He's an angry elf. 





Then it was off to church for Lessons and Carols, and back home for a late dinner and a few presents.


Our Christmas Eve meal is Mexican.  This is ensalada de Noche Buena.  The soup below is albondigas, a meatball soup.




This year, at Theo's suggestion, we drew names for gifts to exchange on Christmas Eve.  Theo was SO VERY thrilled to give John this little fountain that he purchased at CVS.   






John wasn't feeling very well, so I STARTED ALL the wrapping at 10 pm.  I finished MANY hours hours later, so I felt QUITE glad that no children woke up until 8 am!!!  Hallelujah!  Here's what the kids looked like waiting to come downstairs to open their stockings.  Hee hee.
We didn't have much time for breakfast before leaving for church.  Just look at these cuties.

Then we came home, got back into our pajamas, ate brunch and opened presents.  It was glorious!
Then Lucy and I took a good nap, and John left to deliver a Christmas night sermon.  The Lego builders and I held down the fort.
I don't know about you, but Christmas dinner is not all that important to me.  Just give me a great Christmas breakfast.  However, John did serve us a delicious beef tenderloin, which we enjoyed very much!  And look, we even used the bread and butter plates!  Fancy!

Hey, Mom and Dad, do you see the preponderance of Texas paraphanelia that showed up here?  We need to step up the Arizona representation! 
A lovely day in every way!

Comments

  1. Holy-moly, Ben Barnes, stop growing up!!

    Sounds like you all enjoyed such a lovely Christmas with friends and family. Thanks for sharing all of these great photos and traditions with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see your family as well as the Barnes! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look lovely, even the angry elf! I love me a beautiful Christmas breakfast too. And the beloved Swede cooked our Christmas dinner. Beautiful food, beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Kit. This makes me miss your sweet family so much. You do such a great job helping your family share these special moments.

    And I agree with Heather, stop growing up, kids! I can't believe how big they all look! Love seeing the Barnes in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts