A message from the Lord

Today I have a special message for you.  Here it is.

The little card within this frame was taped to the cabinet in my Grandma's kitchen.  I can see myself standing in her kitchen, reading this note, looking at the photos all over her fridge of her friends and acquaintances, while Grandma would prepare a tray of tea and ask me about my life.
When Grandma died in 2004 and all the aunts and uncles and cousins were in her house, going through her things, I knew I needed this note.
I love that the handwriting is a little shaky and that you can tell she used a straight edge to make sure the lines didn't slant downward.  There is even a little bit of white-out on the P of problems; she wanted it to look right.
I love knowing that my Grandma wanted to remind herself of God's care for her, just like I need to do.  I really can't wait to see her again in heaven.
You could make your card with this saying if you wanted, you know.  And tape it on your kitchen cabinet.  
You are loved!

Comments

  1. I'd keep a lucy quote on my Kitchen cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! The handwritten-ness makes it so extra special.

    I took a cross stitch from my g-ma's house when she died that says: 'Choose the love, love thy choice.' A good daily reminder to have in my bathroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. And I remember when your Grandma passed away--I barely knew the wonderful Kit Standridge and we shared a ride to the airport. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear me, Kit, i'm so choked up. to even HAVE a grandma to that passed that kind of legacy? amazing. i can't wait to meet her in Heaven, too! Merry Christmas! This is a rich treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, friends, for your words. Jodi, a Lucy quote would be perfect...which one? Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS NOTE! I wrote it on a sticky note at work and put it on my sister's computer a couple weeks after she got engaged and was starting to stress with all the wedding plans. I wrote one for me too and keep it in my desk drawer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts