Cinnamon Rolls: Best Evah!

Have you ever made cinnamon rolls at home?  Not from the little cardboard roll that pops open?  
A few years ago, John was given a cookbook from the lady who owned THIS bakery in adorable Fredericksburg, TX.  In the book, I found a recipe for Jailhouse Potato Cinnamon Rolls and I decided to try them.
Now, I'm not a girl who is afraid to bake.  I made my first loaf of bread in 4th grade after I did a book report on this book, so I've been around the proverbial bread block.
However, the recipe for these cinnamon rolls calls for FOUR packets of yeast!  FOUR!  You know what this means, don't you? It means a bread dough that takes over.  If you turn your back for 30 minutes, you will have dough plopping out onto your counter and possibly even trying to engulf your kindergartner.
ANYWAY -- the cinnamon rolls are amazing.  Huge, yeasty, the best I've ever had.  The only thing is, they are a pain to make. They are messy and time-consuming, and did I already mention the threatening dough?
So I pretty much make these once at year, at Christmas or New Year.  This year I had an extra pan that I hid away in the freezer; I decided to bake them last Sunday.  Mmmmmmm.  Just as good as ever.  Better than Pioneer Woman's recipe, in case you were wondering.(Have you made those?  They are good, but these are better!)

Here they are before I put the glaze on.
This is what they look like in the photo in the book.  She baked hers in a muffin pan.  
Let me know if you want the recipe.  It's kind of long, so I'm not going to include it here. Unless there is a public hue and cry for it, of course.  


Have a great Thursday (best day of the week, remember?!)!

Comments

  1. They look amazing.They must make your kitchen smell heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When can I come eat some of those??!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts