Last few days

It is early morning, and I can just see the sun, big and orange, beginning to peek through the trees outside the kitchen window.  I am going to miss this little cluster of houses that makes our corner of the neighborhood.
Last night we had a cook-out with the five or six families that live on our corner.  It was great to just sit together, have some beers, share food, and talk about what we are going to go do.  We are grateful for this neighborhood and the friendships we have made over the last six years.  I am really going to miss our neighbors.
This is our last Sunday at Christ the King Cambridge.  John is preaching, which I am really looking forward to, as he hasn't preached much lately at our our church.  Then the rest of the afternoon will be spent getting the last of the boxes packed up.  I've been waking up really early all week, after having a hard time falling asleep.  Which means I'm pretty darn tired.  I love the quiet of the morning, and this week I've been using it to just sit in our beloved house and appreciate all that we have had here.
This morning I went and laid in Lucy's bed (she is sleeping over with a friend) and just looked out her window.  Her bedroom is in a dormer on the front of the house, and has adorable sloped ceilings and an arched window.  It is also on the third floor, so she can see over all the trees and very far away.  In fact, that was one of her original prayer requests when we knew we were going to move: "for a room with a window that can see far, far away."  Little love.
I'm grateful for dear friends who have come over to help me clean and pack this week.  I could not have done this without them.  I'm grateful for friends who have dinner with us and love our kids. 
This morning I just feel like my heart is breaking.  I'm glad I can trust God, that He goes before and behind, that none of this is unknown to Him.  He is faithful, He provides, He cares for our hearts.

Comments

  1. Tears with you, dear friend. Praying for you all this morning. I'm gonna miss the blog photos of morning light in your New England home. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. I'm grateful for you and love you, too!

      Delete
  2. Oh Kit, I know the breaking of which you speak. To disentangle yourself from the threads of all you've been weaving these last many years is difficult, painful, and at times mind/heart-numbing work. But take heart, the places in which you feel most raw and bleeding...they will bring new life....eventually. I will keep you all in my prayers as you navigate these new and scary paths. Just remember, you are loved, always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, thanks for your love and prayers and wisdom. You are dear to us, even from so very far away! Maybe we will be able to see each other sometime! :)

      Delete
  3. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face shine upon you and give you peace.xox.

    "for a room with a window that can see far, far away.".
    love that dear Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi, thank you. Yes, that dear Lucy is too much. Love to you and family.

      Delete
  4. Kit - I've been thinking about you a lot. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes as I remember all the fun times we had with you guys there. What fun trips! Clay and I loved coming to Boston to spend Thanksgivings, Easters, and Christmas there. You always made us feel so welcome and comfortable and we looked forward to our visits to Christ the King. I will miss Lucy's sweet little far far away room, Easter baskets, play-dough guys, waking up to the smell of yummy things baking, quiet afternoons with a book, the dinner table, Pastor Rick, and looking out the window to watch Uncle Clay play ball with the boys. Great memories! We love you and are praying for you all. I know this transition is tough. Wish I was able to come help you pack and clean. We are going to have to start looking at a trip to Texas - can't wait to make new memories with The Standridge Family there! :) Love you, Kit. Can't wait to be your sister-in-law soon!

    XOXO
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, thanks for these words. Part of the heart break is leaving you and Clayton. We love having you here in our home, and we love visiting you in New York! Some of my very favorite memories are of our times in NYC and of times with you guys, making lots of yummy food and just being together.
      I am excited to have you for a sister! Love you, love you, love you!

      Delete
  5. We pulled your family's Xmas card out of the drawer last night and prayed for you guys in the midst of transition. May He continue to pave the way for you in peace. It is never a fun time but you can look back knowing He got you through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sarah, your prayers mean the world to us! You guys certainly know what change is like, don't you?! We are so grateful for you and Britton. Thanks for commenting and for praying!

      Delete
  6. Kit, thanks for taking the time to write this down in the midst of all your churn. How deep the Father's love for you, how vast beyond all measure. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, love you guys, too. So grateful to be friends. The bonds are forever, aren't they?! Christian fellowship is amazing.

      Delete
  7. Kit, I know how hard change can be. We here in Kerrville are so grateful for your willingness to step out in faith and help us build a new thing. We will be praying for you, especially for safe travels, over the next few days. Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deborah! John and I are so grateful for you all in Kerrville and know that you are praying for us. We have NO DOUBT about our calling and I look forward in faith to all that God will do in all of us as we begin a new work! Please know that despite the heartache, we look forward to starting life with you all. This is the great adventure!

      Delete
  8. ACTS 17:26 .....has brought me so much Peace in our transitions. Lifting you up. It is so hard. and yet, when you get there, and see with your eyes the good things He has ordained, you will wonder HOW you lived without it.... does not take away the sting, but makes the "seasons" He gives us here on earth so so so sweet. You are friend-collecting---- HEAVEN IS FOREVER, where we won't just "see" those we love again, but feast with, LIVE WITH, and ENJOY forever..... I'm thankful He has made your time there so sweet that it will be so missed. He is Good. and He has such GOOD in store.......
    love you, friend.
    tab

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts