We are blessed

About two weeks ago our beloved church, Christ the King Cambridge, gave us a going away party.  
It was one of the most meaningful nights of my life and meant so much to John and me and to our children.  I know that I don't have the words to really explain how it all went down and how it ministered to all of us.  John and I were so touched by all the amazing, thoughtful details that the church staff (and volunteers, I'm sure) put into the evening.  We had Blue Ribbon BBQ for dinner, the tables were covered with fun flowers, the colorful plates and cups and balloons, kids running all around, amazing music, touching and inspiring words.
John and I will be feeding on this special night for a long, long time and will remember it with great hope and love for our dear, dear family.







By the way, Clayton took almost all the pics in this post!  He is having a lot of fun with the camera lately.
In addition to dear, dear friends getting up to say nice things about us (and make us all cry!), several of the musicians on the church played music for the evening.  It was amazing, so touching.  I'm SO GLAD that John had the quick thought to video it all!  I apologize for the shaky video; we are clearly NOT professionals.
I will post another one at the end.  Thank you, Christ the King, for loving us so much and TELLING us you love us.  You are a part of us and always will be.  I can't imagine doing life without you.  I'm grateful we have all eternity to be together and laugh and sing and wipe away every tear.
As further proof of God's great love and favor, we saw this toward the end of the party.  Friends who left the church at that time told us it was a huge, complete rainbow that went across the entire sky.  Oh, how He loves.



Jesus, Lover of My Soul: Going Away Party CTK from Kit Standridge on Vimeo.

Comments

  1. Oh sweet CTK community. What a beautiful time for you to be blessed as you're sent off. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts