Both to will and to do


Dear readers, thanks for bearing with me as I get into the hang of blogging again.  It's going to be rough and if you quit reading, I completely understand.  I'm doing this more to help me make sense of things myself.  I'm always happy to share and process with you, as well.

As I mentioned before, Amy Carmichael's devotional Edges of His Ways, has been a constant for me for just about 20 years.  In fact, I had an idea for a blog where I would post each day in response to that day's entry by Amy.  Every single year her writings point me to Jesus and to His love and every single year (and day and minute)I forget Him and His love.  

The Scripture she highlighted for yesterday, June 6, was Philippians 2:13:  For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

This is a perfect word for me on a Sunday morning where already things are not going as planned and it's easy for me to gripe and groan and feel sorry for myself. Amy provides an amplified version of this verse by Dr. Arthur Way, which I find encouraging today:
"You have not to do it in your unaided strength: it is God Who is all the while supplying the impulse, giving you the power to resolve, the strength to perform, the execution of His good pleasure."

Let us all go out today knowing that we have not to do it all in our unaided strength; He is all and will supply all. Lord, increase our faith.

Comments

  1. Kit: Just stopped by out of curiosity, and have a note or two for you. Your flowers are technically your best pictures, but I doubt that's a concern for you, but for me, outside of your grand personality shinning through other photos, refining and perfecting photographs aides in my wanting to see more even as your writing does. I'm thinking that since you're God's little flower, that's why you present them so well! ;-)
    Journals help to advance many things; remember: Despise not small beginnings."
    Maranatha,
    Dennis
    aka: NHWM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts