Happy New Year 2011

You know, it's a good thing I have this little blog so I can remember what the heck I did this year.
I have one New Year's Eve tradition that I learned from my paternal grandmother.  
Every year, she would jump off a chair into the new year as the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve.
As she grew older, she would jump off a lower chair, or a step.  Or even just a very low ledge.  But she always, always jumped into the new year.
I've continued her tradition.  It was just like her to look ahead with optimism and excitement, and I want to be like that, too!  As a friend of mine said, "2011, I'm lookin' you in the eye!"



Comments

  1. GREAT tradition! (Now, to be able to stay up that late.) :)

    Happy New Year, Kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, you are great! : ) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Your story and photos made my day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts