Thanks on a cold Monday

Keeping my list of the ways in which the Father shows His love.  He is so so kind.  
Would you consider keeping your own list, too?  I promise, it will change you.  
It's made me see Mondays in a whole new light.

#1127-1141

* popping logs in the fireplace
* Compassion and praying for our kids
* my crazy, messed up house full of Legos, Nerf darts, Barbies, books, papers, and boots.
* mouse traps (uh, yes, I've used two with success in the past week!)
* frosted window panes
* mittens knitted by my mom
* shearling mittens!  THE BEST!
* my weakness, because it drives me to Christ
* sick day with 8-year-old and time to snuggle
* 12-year-old who loves to stay up late with us
* cold and bright days; today the radio said, "It's sunny and seven!"  Degrees. Fahrenheit. At 2 in the afternoon.
* script writing with my 7/8th graders
* the prayers of the people
* extra fine point black roller ball pens.  I'm not particular.
* anticipation of reading Ann's book; have you read it?  Are you going to?


Thou bruised and broken Bread,
My life-long wants supply;
As living souls are fed,
O, feed me, or I die.
 - John S.B. Monsell, 1866

Comments

  1. I read it! Oh my! Amazing! I just started reading it for the second time this morning. I think I may just read it everyday for the rest of my life...I need the constant reminder to give thanks, in ALL things. And it is just so beautifully, poetically written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts