High apple pie in the sky hopes

Yes, I've got high hopes for this winter vacation week! I need to accomplish some practical things, and I also hope to get lots and lots of fun playing time with the kiddos, boys especially. We haven't been having enough fun around here!
Here's the list.

Practical (and kind of boring):
1. Do some grading and planning for my Spanish classes
2. Wash all the coats, hats, etc. They're getting very grimy.
3. Continue to get the dining room "done"...still not that happy with it since the addition of much-appreciated furniture.
4. Routine cleaning and de-cluttering, especially in boys' room, drawers.

Fun:
1. Have a tournament on the boys' indoor basketball hoop
2. Read LOTS! Just got several read-alouds from the library, as well as the one we are currently reading, Our Island Story, A History of Britain.
3. Check out lots of movies from the library and have a movie night with the guest bed pulled out and everything.
4. Go on at least one field trip.
5. Have some one-on-one time with each boy.

This is not so much to hope for, is it? I am SO ready for this little change in routine. Very grateful I am (Yoda, anyone?).


Photo of Walter on Southwest Airlines coming home from Texas October 2008

Comments

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts