Seattle 4

I'm know I've been away for longer than a month (ahhhhh!), but I'm just going to pick up where I left off. There are lots of things to post about, but I really want to finish up about Seattle (I KNOW, that was in early June!). And then on to lots of great links, and our trips to New Mexico, Texas and Maine.

Here are some pictures of the Seattle Public Library. This is a must-see if you are ever in Seattle. The building is amazing. What a fantastic resource for the city.

First, we stopped in the children's room so that Walter could try to get some homework done. It was like pulling teeth. Not motivated AT ALL! But we checked out some books (borrowed a library card) and discovered they have a cool self-check out system. Loved it.

Here is the outside of the building. It's built on a steep hill, so it looks really funky from the outside.

Here is Walter outside the building. Fun climbing structure.


This is from one of the highest points in the building, looking out. The inside of the library is very open, with lots of interesting vantage points, both to the interior as well as to the exterior.

A few other shots in the Red Hall (SO cool!), a weird holographic image that you see as you go down the escalator, and the call numbers inlaid in the floor for easy reference.
Want to know more about the Seattle Public Library? Click here or here.

Comments

  1. Yay, you're back!

    Looks like a sweet library. If I ever make it that far west, we'll be there. Perhaps I should have Colin look for a conference.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts