Friday

Friday, the last day of February vacation.  
Lucy was sick in the night and so felt quite puny this morning.  And I was tired from being up with her.
It's funny how once all your children sleep soundly through the night you really get used to uninterrupted sleep.  I've really wimped out in the sleep department in the last few years.
Lucy and I had a quiet day of watching "Angelina Ballerina" on Netflix and I did some housekeeping.  John and the younger boys went to the movies and Walter...well, he went to school.
Please don't feel too bad for him.  When he has school break in March, we're shipping him to Arizona (I'M SO JEALOUS!  HE'S GOING TO MY HOMELAND WHERE IT'S SUNNY AND WARM EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!).
But I digress.


Anyway, today the winter was really getting me down.  I could not get warm all day, and the drear darkness of rain (and now snow) really had me pining for warmth and sun.  

Let's travel back in time to this week last year when I was here:
That's Playa Fronton in the Dominican Republic. Sniff.   

Oh yes.  While we're on the topic, let's just remember times of warmth, shall we?  Perhaps even remembering being too hot will help.
Family Reunion in Texas two summers ago.  That was hot.  Too hot.  We all would have expired if not for that pool.

Floating down the Rio Grande.  That was hot.  Sunburn city for my pale little children.

And the beach in New England.  Not too hot.  Just right.
Okay.  I feel better now.  How about you?  There is sun out there somewhere and it SHOULD show up sometime here.  In June.
I think I can make it.
Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts