Green Monstah

If you're a Red Sox fan, the title of this post probably conjures up the huge green wall in Fenway Park.  
If you're not a Sox fan, maybe you think it refers to a furry green monster from some children's TV show.
To me, these days, it is neither, as I've been consuming a Green Monster smoothie most mornings.  I recently came across this blog post at Simply Scrumptious, and decided to jump on the bandwagon.  
The basic recipe I use is as follows (same as on the link):
   *  1-2 cups of raw baby spinach
   *  one banana
   *  1 tablespoon of flax seeds
   *  enough almond milk to make is blend
   *  ice
Doesn't sound that appetizing, does it?  But I'm telling you, the banana really is sweet enough to make it quite enjoyable.  I did try it with frozen mango, but it was not quite as yummy.
I've got to do whatever I can to make sure I get my leafy greens!
Let me know if you try it, and we can compare notes!

Comments

  1. I haven't tried flax seeds in a smoothie but I think I will. We usually use oj instead of almond milk and add strawberries - so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts