Psalm 130 (From the Depths of Woe)

Sunday worship this morning:  it was a battle to get there with our spirits intact, what with our sin and sorrow hanging out, but we made it. 
(John preached this morning, so he went along early and alone.  He missed out on all the sanctification.) 
We sang one of my favorite songs of all time today.  I first learned it years and years ago at our church in Atlanta, then didn't sing it for a long time (though I kept the lyrics in my little notebook hymnal, made from songs torn out of church bulletins).
The words are attributed to Martin Luther and come from Psalm 130.
My favorite verses (3 and 5):

Therefore my trust is in the Lord
And not in my own merit
On Him my soul shall rest; 
His word upholds my fainting spirit.
His promised mercy is my fort, 
my comfort and my sweet support.
I wait for it with patience.

Though great our sins and sore our woes
His grace much more aboundeth;
His helping love no limit knows,
Our upmost need it soundeth.
Our Shepherd good and true is He,
Who will at last His Israel free
from all their sin and sorrow.

Here is the best video I could find; while the quality of the video and the sound is not great, I LOVE that the girl is singing with her sleeping baby in her arms.  In fact, Walter was watching over my should and said, "I wish people would sing with their babies at our church!"  
May you be reminded that our Father's helping love knows no limit, He knows our needs, and He will free His own from their sin and sorrow.

Comments

  1. I love, love, love me some Red Mountain Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sleeping baby too. Sigh. So wonderful.

    Colorado is one of my favorite states. Your photos made me remember how gorgeous it is. That waterfall!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts