Loving the church: {Day 23} Checking in

How was your day at church?  I hope you met the Lord.  I met the Lord in many ways.  First, I was mean to my kids and reacted badly to their bad behavior.  So I sinned big time, and then got to repent to them and to the Lord.  Gracious children, they forgave me.  But thoughts of all my brokenness and neediness and horrid, ugly sin kept with me.  My enemy was accusing me: "You're the pastor's wife.  What a liar you are.  What can you possibly offer anyone?"  Thank God, the gospel fought off those thoughts, and I was reminded of MY OWN WORDS yesterday:  all I bring to the table are my sin and weakness.  There are no good deeds to bring, for they are but filthy rags.  Then we had a baptism and it was beautiful.  I shed tears of joy as I thought about the couple, their love story, their baby, whom God called into existence and who is now a part of the church.  We heard the Word of God read and preached.  I had a big piece of Jesus, and prayed that he would be everything I need this week.  A great day of real self, real church.
I want to make sure to talk about baptism this week, as we have already talked about the Lord's Supper.  I have a few guest posts up my sleeve, as well.  I'm looking forward to all we will explore.  I can't make any promises, but if you have a topic that you would like to hear about, let me know in the comments.


She is from every nation,
Yet one o'er all the earth;
Her charter of salvation,
One Lord, one faith, one birth;
One holy Name she blesses,
Partakes one holy food, 
And to one hope she presses,
With every grace endued.


Yet she on earth hath union
With God the Three in One,
And mystic sweet communion
With those whose rest is won,
With all her sons and daughters
Who, by the Master's hand
Led through the deathly water,
Repose in Eden land.
"The Church's One Foundation", verses 2 and 6 

This is the 23rd part in a series.  Go here to read the series from the beginning.  Go here to read over 700 other 31 Day series on all kinds of topics.

Comments

  1. Dear Kit, I had a wonderful day at church. I am thankful for those mercies that are new every morning for a wretch like me. God Bless your week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts