In (un)related news

Hello there, my friends!  There have been so many times in the past few weeks where I have been on the verge of writing a new blog post, and then something happens.  Either other obligations seem more pressing, or my emotions just seem too jumbled and crazy for me to make any sense on the old blog.
However, in the past few days I've just about been full up with things I want to share and say and record, so I think I had better get to it!
I have lots of posts in mind:  some are sad and serious, some are sentimental and some are just silly.  Just because I like to laugh.
Today, I'm going to save the emotional stuff for another post.  Read on for some of last weekend's high jinks. 
       *          *        *       * 
I don't know about your kindergartner, but ours goes to an inordinate amount of birthday parties.  I mean, these kinders just keep on turning 6!  Seems like every weekend, Lucy has another party to attend.  She is in high demand, I tell you.
Last Saturday, John and Lucy and I were in the toy store to pick up a gift for that day's party, the celebration of a little girl in Lucy's class.  This little friend is an only child, very girly and highly doted-upon by her
loving parents.
So John and I amused ourselves by picking out the absolute WORST choices for the gift.  Just imagining the parents' faces if they were to open these.
Looking for the perfect gift for the little girly-girl in your life?
Look no further!  How about a frightening three-headed hound of Hell?

Or perhaps a ghost rattling its chains?
The green, club-wielding monster is always a popular choice with the little girls.
Now, I'm not trying to be sexist here.  I'm all for all kids playing with a variety of toys.  Boys can have dolls, okay?  Girls like Legos, too, you know!  But the thought of this particular friend opening up one of these...hee hee.
Battle droid, anyone?
Or double-sword carrying, horn-headed monster?
Or just a simple pair of handcuffs.  Every girls wants one. (I know, inappropriate.) 
Or how about a plain old Hot Wheels car featuring a guy with half his face burned off?  Here, have some cake.
Anyway, that's what's kept us laughing these days.  'Cause if we don't laugh we might cry.
Like last night, when two kids with tears told me they don't want to move and I was sorely tempted to join in the weeping.
More on that later.
Love you guys!

Comments

  1. You've got to laugh to keep from crying, Kit. Moving is so very hard...even when it is for all of the right reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was already laughing with you, but THE HANDCUFFS?!?!?!?!? HILARIOUS!! You've gotta be careful, though, because too often the hard laughing leads to crying; it's all downhill from there.

    (Will you come through Pittsburgh? I know, I'm annoying, but it would seriously make my summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So which one did ya get? I tell you Kit, you're my kinda girl. And I'm not surprised Miss Lucy's in demand. It's gotta be her wit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts