What, what what?

Okay, yeah, I know.  I never blog here anymore. What can I say?  It's complicated.

My dear friend, Jody, said that even if I was having trouble writing, maybe I could still post photos.  Great idea, Jody!  You are the best.

So here is a little review of the past two months or so, in photos.


Walter and his best bud, Corey, at the soccer final four in Houston in March.  They came in fourth, but Walter got to play and they had a GREAT season!  We are so thankful that Walter has found a friend like Corey (and others!).

I made hot cross buns on Good Friday.  Baking is therapeutic for me.  First holidays in a new place are hard.  Easter was no exception!
The family Easter photo.  Probably should have shared this before May, huh?  OH WELL!  I'm proud of all these people.
Easter bread.  I don't always make the same thing, but I DO always feel the need to make a yeast bread for Easter, purely for the symbolism!
The tree that my neighbor gave me last fall is so dang useful for decorating!  Easter tree!
In April, our pastor from Cambridge came to town on his motorcycle.  Oh yeah, he's bad.  To celebrate the visit, we invited all the people who once attended our church in Cambridge and who now live in Texas to come to our house!  It was a great, great time.  How cute is this little buddy trying to hold his eyes open on his daddy's shoulders?!
He gave in.  So adorable.
At the end of April, Lucy had her spring orchestra concert.  There she is, front and center.  She has recently become really excited about playing her violin, and it is fun to see (and listen to!).

The biggest thing on our horizon is our church plant is going to launch at the end of the month!  Yes, this month! EEEEEEEKK!  And HOORAY!  All at the same time!  We are excited to be at the point of beginning to worship together publicly on Sunday morning.  Up to now, we have been meeting in the afternoons for Bible study and discussion of our mission, vision and values.  Now we will begin to do REAL church!  Yes!  I truly can't wait for John to begin to preach every week.  I have been missing hearing some Gospel preaching.

In light of the busy summer we have ahead, John and I took a quick overnight trip to Austin last weekend.  We visited the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and it was just gorgeous.  I do love this kind of landscape, and it shines in the spring!













Did you know Central Texas could look like this?!
I can hardly believe that our children's first year in school in Texas is coming to a close in just a few weeks.  I continue to struggle mightily with culture shock, and am praying that the Lord would make me softer and more mature.  Thank God He gave me a husband who can coach me and help me to see things more gently.  I'm rather fiery if left to myself; I desperately need softening.

God is good, people.  

Comments

  1. Ohh I need softening too! I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That Jody is awesome. We should all listen to her more often. Thanks for posting these--love the quote about deserts. God bless Texas--there is beauty to be found there. And God bless all y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts