In sumerrrrrr!

Hola, mis amigos.

I'm posting pictures of gallery night at our elementary school (which was several weeks ago, before school got out), just because the ART IS AWESOME.  So colorful and fun.  And every student's art is included, which I love. Let's all be artists, okay?















This was Theo's chorus performance, in which he and two other boys sang such a sweet rendition of "Little Surfer Girl".  These kids are awesome and did a great job!


Yesterday we were at the pool.  Lucy and her friend, Ellie, were playing with a boy named Nathan, who had been in Lucy's class this past year.

He swam up to me and said, "I was in Lucy's class.  I'm going to be swimming tomorrow, too.  Can Lucy call all our classmates and invite them to come here tomorrow?"

It was so cute.  It was as if he were saying, "This swimming is great, but what would make it even better would be if ALL OUR CLASSMATES were here, too."  I love that!

Also of note:  in the car yesterday, Lucy told us that she knows what the word "ego" means.  This was in the context of a discussion about Justin Bieber (hmmm).  Her explanation is that when someone is famous or rich or has done amazing things and then they just take that TOO FAR, that constitutes a big ego.  She said, "I think that is what has happened to Miley Cyrus.  She just took it too far."  Of course, later I thought of all the spiritual applications I could have tied in...ah well.


Comments

Popular Posts