Our wildflower field

Some people have nicely manicured lawns. Some,like us, have more of a weedy patch with some grass thrown in.
But these days, after some good rains, we have our own wild flower field in the front yard!
We are enjoying it so much while it lasts. Our big live oak with two swings in in and these flowers make our front yard a lovely place to be.




Last night there were storms all around us, but our town was as calm and as still as could be.  A tornado watch showed up on the TV screen as we were watching the Spurs game, and then my younger two were beside themselves with worry.  I tried to calm them by showing them how far away all the storms were. We looked at the weather radar on my phone, we noticed that we could see lightning but not hear any thunder.  They finally began to feel better when we noticed we could see clear sky from our back yard.  It was beautiful.

Last night wasn't a good night for me as a mother. I was too impatient, yelled too much and stormed around in frustration (with one child in particular, but all this ugliness affects everyone).  I am so glad they forgave me before we went to bed. 

Jesus, help me today to look to you, to keep perspective and to remember the tender hearts of my children.




Comments

Popular Posts