Consider


Consider this, if you will:

Prayer is where I do my best work as a husband, dad, worker, and friend. I'm aware of the weeds of unbelief in me and the struggles in others' lives. The Holy Spirit puts his finger on issues that only he can solve.

I'm actually managing my life through my daily prayer time. I'm shaping my heart, my work, my family -- in fact, everything that is dear to me -- through prayer in fellowship with my heavenly Father. I'm doing that because I don't have control over my heart and life or the hearts and lives of those around me. But God does.
--Paul Miller, A Praying Life

Imagine if PRAYER was where we did our best work. Oh yes. I'm feeling the freedom.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It is encouraging, warm, reassuring, instructive and has sparked in me a new hope, a new energy for prayer. God is so good.


Comments

  1. A stellar quote from a stellar book. So glad to hear you're benefiting from it too. Carol Johnson sent it to me; I'm so glad she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I'm going to see if my church library has this book, I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts