Why I love Thursdays

Clayton almost always reads a Tintin book at breakfast.  It's the only meal during which I allow them to read (pretty much).
I love Thursdays.  Thursdays are the only morning I don't have any commitments aside from taking kids to school.  I don't usually have to be anywhere til 12:30 or so (weekly faculty meeting) and I LOVE it.
I love not having to work out at 6 am; I can wait til 9...or 10...or even 11!
I love being able to go back to sleep if I want to.
I love having a morning to catch up on the stuff that needs to get done.  It might be bills, or emails, or laundry, or lesson plans (usually lessons plans), or cleaning, or reading, or just BEING.
I almost always have a long list of all the things that are going to get done in the FIVE LONG HOURS I have to myself.  But that hardly ever happens.  Seems like I might usually get one or two things done from the list, and then I'm scrambling to get myself to the faculty meeting on time because I leave my showering, et cetera to the very last minute (anyway, showering is SO very overrated in my opinion!).

It's funny how the years change.  Last year and the year before, I didn't usually have to be out the door at the same time as the children.  This gave Lucy and me some snuggle time in the mornings when we would sit in our favorite chair, covered in blankets, and read.  
I think of the toddler days living in campus housing when my friend, Meda, and I would stay in our pajamas for hours while our four kids (between us) played and played between our two apartments.
Next year, Lucy will join John and two brothers as they go off on the bus and the train to get to school.  I'm hoping that Walter might be able to ride his bike to school next year.  That will leave just me, getting to work or Bible study or...just home.
I DO love staying home!
 

Comments

  1. Looks like a great Thursday!

    I just found your blog through one of the Saturday blog hops! Have a great weekend. Can't wait to read more!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showering IS overrated!! I have early days on Friday's so I get a little done before the kids get home. Or sometimes nothing done blogging and the like!
    Newest follower from the Saturday blog hop ~ www.dorothymcfadden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursdays are definitely the day to do nothing when you don't have to! lol

    Great Blog! ☺ ☺ ☺
    Stopping by from the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop!

    I'm following via GFC! ☺ ☺ ☺
    Hope to see you at my blog!
    http://diversity-unlimited.blogspot.com/

    Odahingum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now following from the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop! Keep enjoying those Thursdays!~Lisa
    Shake off my booty one shake at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now following from the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop! Keep enjoying those Thursdays!~Lisa
    Shake off my booty one shake at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of John & Lucy. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts