To look at the queen?!

When John first went to the London Evangelism and Prayer Conference four years ago, I told the boys that Papa would be going to London for a few days. Theo's response was, "London?! To look at the queen?!" His only reference point for London was the nursery rhyme:

"Pussycat, pussycat, where have you been? I've been to London to look at the queen. Pussycat, pussycat, what did you there, I frightened a little mouse under her chair."

So, en la manana, we are off to look at the queen (or should it be Queen?)! John and I will attend the conference this year together, his third time and my first! I am very excited to have this chance to see all that he has experienced there, in World Harvest's ministry among South Asians.

I am especially grateful to all those who are supporting me in SO MANY ways! It takes a lot of people and helpers to get a mother of four out of the country! The Barnes' are going to be parents of SEVEN children for the next five days! Then Tyler and Amanda are going to take on the challenge of their lives, as they child-wrangle (I think that should be my new term for babysitting) for the remaining five days. Not to mention all the lovely friends who are supporting me financially to cover the cost of the conference and flight. I also feel especially blessed by those who are praying for me and for John, and for the children, and for the gospel to go forward among the South Asians of London.

Would you pray for me, if you are a praying person? Pray for my understanding of the gospel, pray for the people I will meet, pray for the Holy Spirit to be at work and for us to be malleable. Also, pray for our sweet children, as we have never been away from them for so long.

I will do my best to update as I am able from London...no promises, as I'm not quite sure of our schedule.

Blessing to you. I'll give the Queen your regards!

Comments

Popular Posts