The Boston Public Library


Yesterday Lucy and I met our friend, Nicole, in Copley Square for lunch (It was so great to be with you, Nic!). Afterward, I decided we should take a quick field trip into the main branch of the Boston Public Library, as I'd never been inside. I love libraries.

The building is beautiful inside! It is full of marble staircases, statues, art, soaring ceilings and, of course, books. Two huge statues of lions flank the central staircase, and Lucy was a bit frightened.
"Can we get away from the lions?" She also wanted me to carry her past them.

Here are some pictures from the afternoon.




























Lucy ended the day with a little face and hand painting. Theo helped her put on the finishing touches. I knew it was going on, but I didn't stop them because they were having so much fun!

Comments

  1. What a magnificent space. . .

    (And what a precious face!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts