The truth hurts

Lucy has had some real zingers in the last couple of days.

Ejemplo:

This morning:

Theo: "Where is Mom?
Lucy: "Mama is getting her hair done."
Theo: "Oh, how did you know that, Lucy?"
Lucy: "Because it is not looking good."

So obvious.

Then yesterday, Lucy told John that Mom is "usually" angry. This was after they dropped me off at an appointment and I expressed my frustration at being late. John says that he responded, "Well, she's not usually angry. Just sometimes angry, like anybody."
Lucy said, "No. All the time."

Lucy also reprimands me when I express frustration with other drivers or even with myself.
"Mom, that is a mean wohd [word]."

Y'all. I am just keeping it real. For those of you who do not yet have kids...just wait!

And if you do have kids...have mercy. I hope you know what I'm talking about.

Comments

  1. i think you're winning the war if you can deal with the 'face painting' but not the traffic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to have an external (very blunt) conscience? Lucy will enjoy these stories when she's older. :)

    I express frustration at being late very frequently and am amazed at how quickly I say things to other drivers, even if it's in a mean tone. Driving righteousness? :) James was right on about the tongue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts