Why is it so quiet in here?

UPDATE: The silence is broken. Now Lucy is singing at the top of her lungs, "I need a nap! I just can't take anymore!" (a duet by Weird Al Yankovic and Kate Winslet, if you can believe it)

I'm making a hasty dinner (this afternoon did not go as expected) and I realize that it is PERFECTLY QUIET in the house.

John is out at a meeting.

There are no Nerf dart wars going on. I don't hear any body slams coming from upstairs. No music is playing (the boys are addicted to John's 80s box set). There are no chirps coming from Lucy. No fights. No screams. Nothing.

"What is everyone DOING?" I mutter.

No one in the living room. No sound from upstairs. I peek in the family room and find all four lounging and reading (well, Lucy is eating a pear slice while she lounges next to Clay). Magical moment.

Comments

  1. Love that I need a nap song (or is it just that I can relate so well to it right now??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so sweet! did they get a marble moved over for being cute? i think there should be a cute jar, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now Lucy is singing at the top of her lungs, "I need a nap! I just can't take anymore!" (a duet by Weird Al Yankovic and Kate Winslet, if you can believe it)"

    *LOL*

    It still amazes me at the funny things my boys start singing. The most current one is a mocking song about the oldest brother, "J--- is a teen-aaay-ay-ger!" Which, he is not. At least, not until June.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts