Exploration

Dudes, I'm back again!  TWO days in a row!  I've decided that I'm just going to blog through all the stuff up in my head...some posts will be serious, some will just be catching up with our new Tejas adventures.
So here goes.
As I may have mentioned before, a great perk to living here is the proximity of my in-laws.  Yes, that's what I said:  my IN-LAWS.  They are wonderful, helpful, fun and great to be around.  It has been a huge blessing to be able to see them almost every day, for them to come to the children's school events, and to have a some support with transportation and child care when we need it.
Also, we are now significantly closer to my parents, who live in Tucson.  Two weeks ago, my dear mom and dad drove a Budget rental truck the 808 miles from Tucson to Kerrville to visit, and also to deliver some long-awaited furniture to our new home.  More on said furniture later.
I loved having my mom and my mother-in-law in the same place at the same time!  Especially fun was exploring places in the Texas Hill Country with two of my most favorite ladies.

My mom and I visited Old Ingram Loop, which is a small shopping and arts area just west of Kerrville.  It was Ladies' Night, so all the shops were open late, serving snacks and beverages.  We had a ball.









A few days later, Mom and I met up with my mother-in-law in Fredericksburg and ate lunch at a really neat little spot with a great gift shop.  It was a few days before Halloween, so we had to indulge.
Got a couple of these bad boys for my Halloween decorations.



Yes, we wore our Halloween finery to lunch, and caused quite a sensation.  A woman from another table asked if she could take our picture.  Hee hee!
The Herb Farm has beautiful grounds, which we all enjoyed on a lovely fall day.  Thankful to be with my two mothers, and for all they mean to me in my life.



Okay, Texas.  Calm down.




That's my cute madre. 


Really, French people?!  Love is NOTHING without bread and wine?! 
So, friends from afar, if you come to visit, you can see the cute little towns I can take you to.  Please come and explore with me!

Comments

  1. OOhh! I would love to come for a visit!!! Next time that we come to Texas to visit my John's family, we'll have to make a special trip to see you all! Way to find the beauty, Kit. It's all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't too many women in the world who could enjoy and day with their mother and mother-in-law at the same time. What a blessing! I love these pictures of Texas-y beauty. The broken mirror is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! You know we'll drop in if we're ever in your neck of the desert. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts