New light

Long-time readers will know that I loved to take pictures of the light in our old house in Arlington.  All the rooms in our house were really high up!  Not only was our house on a huge hill, but we occupied the second and third floors of the house.  From the third floor, we looked out over all the trees!  I loved the light, the sun streaming in, and the ability to see the horizon from almost any window.  Here in Texas, our house in on the ground, just one level. I have found it so weird to look out the window and be face to face with...the grass. I miss the feeling of being up in the air, in the midst of the trees.  Some of you may remember Lucy's prayer request that her new room would have a window where she could "see far, far away."  That is not the reality for her right now and I think she misses it.

Happily, I have been able to begin to appreciate light in a new way in our new home.  The children love being able to just run right out the door to the back yard (no stairs!).  I LOVE having the laundry just right around the corner from the kitchen (no more dungeon!).  And, I think it is God's mercy and grace and gift to me that our new house has an east/west orientation just like our old house did, so that I can have both morning and afternoon sunlight streaming in!

Here's what new light is like in our house.  Can you tell which is morning and which is afternoon?









Comments

  1. I may have spied some wedding bubbles in one of those pictures! ;) Love your new light and love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, you are right!!! They survived the trip home and have been enjoyed. Love you!

      Delete
  2. I love keeping up with you! Fresh thoughts always perk my day :)
    www.bingbangcrashboom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily!!! So great to find you here in the comments! Oh, how ARE you guys?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts