Thread

Hello again, dear friends!  It has now been almost exactly three months since we moved into our house in Kerrville.  When I think back to our final day in Boston (okay, Arlington, to be exact), the movers from the Pit, and our first hot and discombobulating days in Texas, I shudder. We were so very sad, wondering what in the world we had gotten ourselves into.We had no doubt about the call here, but the transition was (is) wrenching and confusing.

I am happy to report that the last three months have seen us all settle into our new surrounds in many ways.  I'm not crying as often during the week, and the intra-family fights seem to be happening less frequently.

I mentioned several weeks back that our family seemed to be hanging on by a thread.  Not long after, I received a mysterious package in the mail.  It was from Janelle, a friend from our seminary days.  Her Megan and our Walter are the same age, and used to run up and down our long campus housing hallway together, along with many other small friends.  In fact, Janelle and I collaborated on homeschool preschool when Walter and Megan were three years old.  John and I have wonderful memories of times with Sam and Janelle and their kiddos.  We celebrated births together, prayed for each other and did our best to love one another for the years we were near.
Here is what Janelle sent me:



Her note says, "I've sent some more thread."  She goes on to say that we have her prayers and her support as we make this transition, as we seek to obey God's call, as we follow Him in planting a new church.
  
I admit that when I opened her package as I sat in the middle-school car pickup line, I wept.  I wept for the abundance of love and friendship we've been given.  I wept to know that these friends, whom we haven't seen in years, are praying for us and standing with us.  I'm moved to tears now, writing about it.

I'm keeping my thread in the kitchen next to the computer where I can see it and be reminded that God has provided, provides even now, and promises to provide in all seasons. When my thread runs short, He uses His servant to send more, for His supply is never-ending.  Thank God for the gift of hanging on by a thread, and seeing how He supplies exactly what is needed.


And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  
Philippians 4:19

Linking with Emily today at Imperfect Prose


Comments

  1. Wow! What a sweet and powerful gesture! Made me cry too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the deep deep love of Jesus. Thanking God with you Kit for the gift of friends that know our hearts and keep them close. And if you come to the end of that spool, tie a knot and hang on, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious. You are loved, not only by your friends here, but by your new friends and community to come. Please know we're continuing to pray too. What a beautiful gesture. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. You guys are so dear. Your prayers are felt and mean so much to us!

      Delete
  4. What a blessing!!! Janelle always had those ways with blessings!! Our journey's parallel and I pray for you often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmie! Praying for you guys, too. I hope Sammy feels better soon. Lucy has had a very hard time, as well, which surprised me. Love you guys.

      Delete
  5. That is beautiful. beautiful, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerrie! Thanks for reading. I'm thinking that maybe I should send the thread on to the next friend who needs some...

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful friend! Praying right now for you and yours as you adjust. Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on my guest post at Imperfect Prose. It meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww..you got you some hope in your rope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, now i'm crying. oh friend. what a perfect gift. God knows what we need. so glad things are going better. love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts