My people are back

We set out early on a gloriously sunny summer morning, past the salt marshes of the North Shore and across the Merrimac River.
We procured sustenance for the journey from the land of the Golden Arches. It was better than nothing.

North we drove, toward the land of Live Free or Die, the land of the White Mountains, the land of no sales tax.
Freakazoid drivers (like the car on the right) were few and far between. We made good time.
We arrived to piles of luggage, sleeping bags and dirty laundry, just in time to catch the last few minutes of camp's closing ceremonies.
There were sweet hugs all around, and many stories ensued. The best part was seeing each boy say good-bye to his cabin-mates and counselors. It was evident that good relationships had begun to form.

We stopped by the camp store for one last soda and a camp magnet.
Lucy said, "Take a picture of me and the new guys!" And Theo said, "Walter, this is the longest you've been nice to me."
Maybe an overstatement, but not by much. For the record, Walter has been SUCH a sweetie all day yesterday and today.
AND, bonus for this Mama's heart, last night he wanted me to sing him two songs and tuck him in for bed. He's still my boy.
So grateful for being able to send them to camp and for all that they learned...more on that tomorrow for Multitude Monday!

Comments

  1. Awww, I'm so glad they had a great time...and YES, I remember Jonny's little outburst(s) :) Those were fun days! I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camp: I love that you were not sure and even a little scared about going and now look at those smiles. I could tell from our phone conversations that you loved it, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's to more summer camps.
    Love, Manka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts