Breathe

Ruach means breath
and Spirit.
"When you send forth your Spirit, they are created"
I've been holding my breath,
Taking only shallow sips of air,
of Spirit
"When you take away their breath, they die"
Or, when they forget to breathe
they die.
Ruach
I need deep draughts
To the depth of my diaphragm,
my being
"You renew the face of the ground"
Renew my face, O Lord.

inspired by Psalm 104
"These all look to you to give them their food in due season.  When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are filled with good things."

Linking with Emily and the others today. 



Comments

  1. mmm...nice...i need those deep breathes as well...perhaps i will practice today...

    interesting note the word verif...is restora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you for the reminder. Hover close, Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good deep breath sounds like a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like this a lot! It is true and yet I forget so easily that I need Spirit breath to survive. Great Imperfect Prose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm i like this a lot. The reminder to breath deep. So needed today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous. absolutely. i re-read and re-read, drinking in. breathing in, life.

    thank you kit. do you know how i appreciate you? xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm... Breathing that deep air, today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts