Mid October Thanks

 

Glory be to God for dappled things - 
For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow...
All things counter, orginal, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim; 
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
                            Praise him.  
 - Gerard Manley Hopkins, "Pied Beauty" 


Worries creep.  Anxiety becomes a friend who visits all the day:  wakes with me, and puts me to bed at night.
To counter, I must keep counting the blessings, with my friend, Ann, and all the others.  Praise Him for the body.
One Sunday, preacher asked us:  Are you crazy to be here?  Or are you desperate?
My answer:  Desperate.


0968  green leaves tipped with gold
0969  things coming full circle
0970  how God lets things germinate
0971  pumpkins from Trader Joe's
0972  napping with Lucy
0973  wearing a scarf
0974  the boys saying, "It smells SO GOOD in here!" (and it's chickpea leek soup!)
0975  chocolate chip cookies
0976  tears in worship
0977  naked Barbies on the stairs
0978  Belle and Sebastian's new CD
0979  tiny eggs from the farm down the road
0980  my orange boots
0981  frying eggs
0982  a message from a funny friend
0983  my husband




holy experience

Comments

  1. ...What ever is praiseworthy think on these things.this is how your post blessed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears in worship...powerful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! So nice to meet a fellow New England blogger, especially one who quotes Frederick Buechner (not sure I spelled that write). Loved the quintessential New England wedding pics. Thanks for stopping by my place. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit, I would be more than happy to make one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts