Let all things now living

...a song of thanksgiving to God our Creator triumphantly raise;
Who fashioned and made us, protected and stayed us, who lovingly guides to the end of our days.
His banners are o'er us, His light goes before us, a pillar of fire shining forth in the night.
Til shadows have vanished and darkness is banished as forward we travel from light into light.

After a wonderful weekend, I'm continuing my list of ways the Fathers shows His care for me.  And not just me!  His creation, His people, His church.

P.S.  Last week I mentioned that I started a list with my middle school students.  Well, this week, in one day, they took our list from 20 items up to 84!  I think they are catching on.  Glory to God.

0948  October
0949  fall colors
0950  church getaway
0951  being with church people for meals, meetings, seeing each other all day, hearing each others' babies cry at night.  Loving each other.
0952  hike in New Hampshire on a brilliant day
0953  blinding sun
0954  yellow tunnels in the woods


 
0955  catching a frog (it peed on me!)

0956  worshiping together
0957  people who love my children
0958  church children growing up together
0959  making a baby belly laugh!

0960  old barns
0961  weddings
0962  beautiful bride
0963  engaged couples
0964  gospel of Luke and its parables
0965  the dance between joy and suffering
0966  having friends over specifically to pray for them
0967  Gospel - you are more of a mess than you first imagined; you are more deeply loved than you ever dared hope. 





holy experience

Comments

  1. Let All Things Now Living is one of my husband's favorite hymns. He plays it on his hammered dulcimer. I ADORE baby belly laughs :) Frog pee? Ewwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, I love the hammered dulcimer! We had a friend in college who played one.
    yeah, frog pee feels just like water...only it's pee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun list! I love your fall-y pictures! Sounds like the retreat was a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts