Yard Sale

A stomach bug has been visiting the various members of our family.  While not pleasant, it's certainly not been as bad as it could have been. 
However, two kids have vomited at school.  Lucy is too young to be embarrassed by this.
Theo, while old enough to be embarrassed, is mostly just amazed by the weirdness of it all.

When I picked him up from school after the "incident", he kept wanting to recount to me all the details of how it all went down (or up, as it were).

For example:  "It was so weird.  One minute I was just going to get a drink and then suddenly I was barfing."

He would keep on talking about it and then say, "Okay, can we PLEASE stop talking about this?!"
And then moments later he would start back in with the contemplative musings about throwing up.

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you already know this one, but I must share it here.
As we discussed WHY people vomit, I told him that it is a way for the body to get rid of stuff it doesn't like or want.
Theo agreed:  "Yeah, it's like a yard sale for your body."


Exactly.

Comments

  1. A yard sale for your body - that's hilarious. Can you stand one more vomit story--good. When my daughter was two or three, she woke us in the middle of the night.
    We heard her calling our names. When we opened our eyes, she was standing over us, and she said, "Mommy, daddy, I - I - I..." THEN barrrrrff! All over us, our faces, our covers, our sheets.
    Why, I ask you, did she decide to climb up on the bed and stand over us to tell us she was sick? True story. It's funny now. It wasn't then. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! Theo is so funny. Sorry he had the barfing at school experience, but so cute that he wanted to process it but wasn't sure how. :)

    Is he familiar with a skiing yard sale? That's fun too, when people are watching ... but not as stinky as barfing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jodi! That is awful. No, that wouldn't have been funny at the time. Blech.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love knowing you've been here! Let's have a conversation.

Popular Posts