Dream Job

I have several dream jobs. I would love to do them not only for a few weeks, but even for a lifetime.

First, I would love to be an editor for The New Yorker. I love grammar, I love writing, I love editing. This desire was confirmed after I read The Comma Queen by Mary Norris, an actual copy editor for The New Yorker. Her stories of being the in the business and all there is to learn about editing intrigued me

Second, I would love to be a bluegrass singer and fiddler, a la Alison Krauss. I love the pure, straight sound of bluegrass singing, and to be able to fiddle and sing seems like such a joy. Not only that, but my dad and uncles play bluegrass, and it would be a joy to sing and play with them.

Third, I would love to sing in a rock band like Gwen Stefani in No Doubt. I loved her look, her attitude, her boldness, her dancing. The freedom of singing and dancing like that on a stage always appealed to me. I would love to be that cool, for inhibitions to fall away.



Comments

Popular Posts