The Sky

My favorite skies have usually been in Tucson, Arizona. The summer after my freshman year of college, I was walking home from my job at the neighborhood pool. There had been a typical July monsoon storm, and the clouds were just clearing up over the mountains. In my old neighborhood, the mountains were so close, so close that you might feel like you could touch them. 

Behind the mountains was still dark, stormy; but my side of the range was clearing up. The sky and air were pink, yet lightening was flashing just beyond the mountain peaks. 

I have a clear memory that God was caring for me in that moment. I had become a Christian just earlier that year. I didn't have any Christian fellowship at home, and I felt a bit like a stranger in my own family. I felt then that the Lord was speaking to me and reminding me of His goodness and power as I watched the skies around me that summer.







Comments

Popular Posts